Fairweather Stephenson and Co was created in 1995 from the merger of the practices of Mark Fairweather and Michael Stephenson. Mark had started as a one man band from his kitchen table in 1992, and practised in Leiston as Mark Fairweather and Co from 1993 to 1995. Meanwhile, Michael Stephenson had acquired the Felixstowe practice of Graham Consitt in 1988. The Aldeburgh office was opened in 2002.
Fairweather Stephenson and Co now has about 30 staff in its three offices. The practices in Aldeburgh and Leiston operate as a limited company of which Mark Fairweather and Michael Stephenson are the directors. The Felixstowe office is a partnership of which the partners are Mark Fairweather, Michael Stephenson and Patrick Cooney.
The Aldeburgh and Leiston offices offer specialist services in the following fields:
- New build residential conveyancing. We act for purchasers buying new homes from developers;
- Residential estate management. We provide legal services to flat management companies and managing agents. These include advice and services in connection with: service charges; debt collection; sales and purchases; and company secretarial matters.
The Felixstowe office offers a range of specialist legal services in the following areas:
- Covers all areas of Family Law including divorce, financial remedy, children's matters, domestic violence and disputes in relation to the unmarried couple.
- Residential Conveyancing and commercial property work.
- All Criminal matters including advice and representation at the Police Station, Magistrates and the Crown Court.
- All services for Landlord and Tenant Disputes, including debt collection in respect of service charges.
- Private client legal work including Wills, Probate, Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work.
- Employment advice and assistance including Compromise Agreements.